Registration information in PDF format
Join KOS members for a great weekend of birding in one of the most unique parts of the state where tallgrass prairies yield to eastern deciduous forests, making way for a wide diversity of birds. Participants will have opportunities to visit Schermerhorn Park and the Southeast Kansas Nature Center in Galena, Neosho Wildlife Area, and the Prairie State Park in Missouri. Other locations include the 200-acre Ford Farm, a property restored to woods and wetlands, and Pittsburg State University’s Natural History Reserve, 80 acres of un-reclaimed mined land.
Friday, May 1
6:00 p.m. — Informal welcome and finger foods at PSU’s Natural History Reserve. From the intersection of U.S. Highways 69 and 400, drive west on 400 to 180th Street /Weir Road. Turn right and go approximately 2.5 miles to 1053 S. 180th. Take the left fork of the driveway. (Map HTML) (Map PDF)
Saturday, May 2
6:30 a.m. — Leave for field trips from Lamplighter Inn parking lot.
6:30 p.m.—Evening Dinner at Pichler’s Chicken Annie’s, 1271 S. 220th St. Pittsburg
(this is different restaurant than Chicken Annie's listed below.)
• Lamplighter Inn — 4020 Parkview Drive, (866) 478-4660. Ask for the KOS discounted group rate, which includes hot breakfast.
• Econo Lodge — 2408 South Broadway, (620) 231-8300
• Super 8 — 3108 N. Broadway, (620) 232-1881
• Mall Deli, 620-231-7590 - 202 E Centennial Drive
• Chili’s, 620-232-9933 - 2911 N Broadway Street
• Café del Rio, 620-232-5895 - 202 E Centennial Drive
• El Charro, 620-232-5763 - 307 N Elm Street
• Sweet Greens Salad Bar, 620- 235-1510 - 620 S Broadway Street
• Napoli’s Italian Restaurant, 620-232-9494 - 1301 N Broadway Street
• Yummy’s Buffet and Sushi, 620-231-8838 - 101 W 29th Street
• Chicken Annie’s, 620-231-9460 - 1143 E. 600th Avenue
• Chicken Mary’s, 620-231-9510 - 1133 East 600th Avenue
Please mail registrations no later than April 18, and include full payment for registration and included meals. See page 12 for the registration form. Cancellations may be made with a full refund until April 18.
Other than the Friday reception, Saturday banquet and Sunday lunch, participants are responsible for meals, water and snacks. All participants must sign the liability release on the registration form in order to participate in any portion of this meeting.
Please e-mail meeting coordinator Delia Lister at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
KOS spring meeting
May 1-3, 2009 Pittsburg, Crawford County
I (we) plan to attend the 2009 KOS spring meeting.
Phone ____________________ E-mail _________________
|Registration||Number ___@ $5.00 each||$_______|
|Saturday dinner||Number ___@ $12.00 each||$_______|
|Sunday lunch||Number ___@ $7.00 each||$_______|
In submitting this registration I (we) understand that KOS is not
responsible or liable for any accidents or injury that might be
associated with the 2009 spring field meeting.
check or money order,
payable to KOS, and mail this form with it to:
218 Northridge Dr.
Hays, KS 67601